Sunday 20 July 2014

We did it!

Well, we did it! We had a successful, fun and enjoyable 9th birthday party for my eldest daughter. I am so pleased that we managed it and it hasn't knocked me out too much. Her friends are so lovely, they were no trouble at all and played nicely together and the bouncy castle was, once again, a huge success. The weather was glorious, at least 28 degrees and sunny, despite all the forecasts telling us it was 22 degrees and raining - most odd. And of course, the help from friends and family was invaluable and much appreciated.

The key was and is balance. I know I keep going on about it, but it's been a really hard but interesting lesson. I'm not as fit as I was, my immune system is busted, I tire quickly, my legs don't work much and I need to accept this means I can't do everything I want.  Unfortunately, I didn't make it to Sports Day and so missed everyone and my youngest's races, but I got some recordings of her taking part meaning I didn't feel completely left out. And we spent a couple of days preparing for the party in short bursts of teamwork. And I spent days slaving over the cake... can you tell?!


So, all in all, a great weekend so far! And it looks like someone is about to get another early birthday present (her actual birthday is in the week), lucky thing...!

No comments:

Post a Comment